|Salary||£21,000-£26,000 Dependent on experience|
|Location||Challenges Headquarters, Edinburgh|
|Line Manager||Product Development Director|
We know that if enterprises grow, everyone benefits through increased earnings and stable jobs leading to growth in the wider economy.
We provide innovative solutions that engage, grow and connect people to emerging opportunities for development and investment.
We work predominantly in sub-Saharan Africa providing support to enterprises and people through a variety of practical, technology led programmes.
People – We provide structured, work-based placements and professional qualifications, growing peoples’ skills and connecting them to opportunities in enterprise
Enterprise – We engage enterprises to understand organisational capacity, explore growth options and connect to tailored solutions
Consulting – We deliver a range of consulting services, offering strategic business support and enabling growth connections in trade and finance.
Technology is at the heart of what we do, providing online systems which support our programme delivery. We currently have two sites, Challenges Marketplace and Challenges College. Challenges College provides online learning and programme management for our work overseas, allowing our consultants to deliver exceptional, structured programmes at scale. Challenges Marketplace provides online reporting for enterprises, supporting them to access finance.
Alongside our technology, we provide a suite of qualifications and toolkits supporting all our programmes and learners.
We are looking for a passionate full stack developer to join our team, someone who is enthusiastic about our vision and wants to play a part in delivering solutions for enterprise development. As part of a small organisation you will have the opportunity to shape the direction of our sites. You will work with a range of stakeholders, responding to the needs of our audiences so good communication skills are also required.
This is an opportunity to work across all elements of Drupal development, taking ownership for the project and shaping future developments. We aren’t looking for years of experience but the enthusiasm and passion for learning and growing through hhands-onproblem solving and commitment.
Skills, Experience and Personal Qualities
- Full stack developer
- Portfolio of drupal websites
- A firm grasp of Drupal from initial scoping and solution design to theming, configuration and deployment – including drupal views.
- The ability to explain complex information clearly and simply
- Ability to work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders
- Strong organisational and problem solving skills
- Good communication skills and ability to work with a range of stakeholders
- A commitment to learn and advance own skills and knowledge
- Ability to take the initiative and work independently
- Work with staff and external stakeholders across the organisation to identify the needs of the
- Scope and design innovative solutions
- Configure sites and manage effective deployment of new features
- Theming of sites
- Provide high-level support to site users, ensuring issues are resolved quickly
- Ensure internal stakeholders are confident in using and supporting others to use sites
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age
How to apply
Please send your CV and Cover letter to Katherine.Hirst@challengesworldwide.com by 30th June