Challenges Worldwide are looking for an ICS Project Coordinator to join our team as we support SME’s in Ghana.
Grade: 3 (non SMT)
Location: – Kumasi, Ghana
Status: Full Time
Line Manager: ICS Country Programme Manager
Issued: November 2016
1.Challenges believes in a world where everyone has access to good quality income opportunities, driven by fair and inclusive economies working within a connected global value chain.
2.We turn this vision into action through Social Enterprise, The Challenges Group (CG) and Charity, Challenges Worldwide (CW) by scaling the ability of individual enterprises to contribute to connected value chains. We use cloud based platforms to connect enterprises in emerging economies to the people and communities who want to make change happen.
Our hybrid approach spreads the cost of technical assistance and investment among different market, development and investment stakeholders while at the same time creating access to commercial opportunity.
3.Challenges in country delivery arms, CG:(Country), are part of the Challenges Group and enable enterprises to become data-driven decision makers; creating sustainable, commercial revenue streams for the consumers, communities &organisations they serve.
They do this by operating as local sales and marketing operations, sharing the innovative processes and tools of Worldwide and Group in a way that is tailored to local needs. This approach of constantly identifying need and signposting opportunity from within regional and international markets, creates a coherent operating model that is able to deliver relevant information and support to the whole value chain from a local perspective.
4.In this context, the ICS Project Coordinator will be responsible for administrative tasks and logistical support in the In-Country delivery, including regular contact with youth volunteer applicants, volunteer placement in-country, host-home and business placement support.
NB: The role will initially be held by Challenges Worldwide but its contract will pass to the management of the new CG: entity as they are established.
Skills, Experience and Personal Qualities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; including excellent phone manner
- Flexible and adaptable with an ability to prioritise a varied workload and meet deadlines whilst coping with the unexpected
- Strong administrative and organisational skills with an attention to detail
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently, demonstrating use of initiative to complete tasks
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team; to communicate sensitively and effectively with other members of staff within Challenges and cross-organisationally
- An interest and commitment to international development and the leading role of young people in development
- Basic numeracy skills and ability to make accurate financial calculations
- Competence in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Previous experience and knowledge of the ICS programme
- Experience of working with 18-25 year olds from a wide range of backgrounds outside a formal learning environment
- Competency in CRM systems (Salesforce or similar) or Microsoft Access
Volunteer Security and Safeguarding
- Security lead: prepare for and respond to security concerns;
- Prepare for and respond to any emergencies, incidents or near-misses of volunteers in country;
- Provide ongoing health, pastoral and support for all volunteers;
- Adhere to all policies and procedures (incident reports, sexual assault, emergency responses, security and safety)
- Keep up to date on Country situations in relation to UK volunteers – Political Un-rest / Health Issues / Threat of violence etc and communicate updates or changes to Regional Manager;
Support In-country youth volunteers and volunteer Team Leaders through the ICS volunteer journey, from the stage of application to final action at home stage.
- Regular contact with local applicants and volunteers over the phone and via email to answer programme related questions and offer support to attend assessment days, training events and selection.
- Support CM in finding and allocating volunteers to host-homes
- Support CM in finding and allocating volunteers to business placements
- Support the volunteer Team Leaders (UK and In-country Volunteers) with personal development goals and in managing teams of local and UK Volunteers
- Support Team Leaders and Volunteer teams on intercultural understanding and working effectively together
Ensure that necessary logistical arrangements are made in good time and at the best value for the volunteer and the programme.
- Book travel and accommodation where needed, for applicants, volunteers and staff
- Use technical tools effectively such as CRM software (Salesforce) to log any contact and progress with an applicant or volunteer.
- Manage resources effectively, spend programme money responsibly and organise own work to meet objectives on time.
Support the In-Country Manager at all stages of the programme.
- Carry out administrative tasks and support staff to run assessment days, training events and other key delivery components.
- Support Team Leaders in gathering and reporting feedback from the volunteers weekly.
- Train to be an ICS assessment day selector and attend days where needed.
- Represent Challenges Worldwide and ICS at appropriate external events.
- Assist CM in financial reporting
- Travel as in-country staff member when necessary.
The role is to begin in Mid January 2017 ahead of our next ICS programme starting at the end of February.
How to apply
Please send a CV and covering letter to dory.mcintosh@Challengesworldwide.com
Application Deadline: Thursday 15th December
Interviews will take place the week commencing 19th December at our local office in Accra, Ghana or at our UK head office.