Are you more of an interactive learner? Not the biggest bookworm, or trying to cut down your screen time? A podcast may be for you! Perfect for on-the-go learners, podcasts are a free, quick, and easy way to give your brain a good workout.
Podcasts were never the most popular form of media. An improved interface, celebrity involvement, and programmes like Serial inspiring cult followings, however, have rocketed them into the mainstream. While listening for leisure is a great option, podcasts are also great for learning new information or skills. If you’re looking to be inspired, informed, or just want to see what the fuss is about, here are a few of our favourites.
Back to Business
- For entrepreneurs at heart (or in practice!): Entrepreneurial Thought Leaders
- The clue’s in the name: StartUp
- Life Hacks galore: The Tim Ferriss Show
- Kick your productivity into gear: Back to Work
Raise Your Awareness
- Most popular in the Challenges office: The Guilty Feminist
- Looking for some context to modern-day madness? Stuff You Missed in History Class
- Build your emotional intelligence: On Being
- One for the ‘intellectually provocative’: Freakonomics Radio
- General intrigue: Stuff You Should Know
- Jack of all trades… How To Do Everything
Over to You
Passionate about podcasts? Did we miss out any great ones? Let us in on the secret!
Whether you’re looking to learn new skills to help you in the workplace, want to challenge yourself to be more socially aware, or are simply a curious soul, podcasts have a lot to offer. Even better, episodes range from under 30 minutes to over 2 hours. So, no matter your schedule, there’ll be a podcast to fill it. Have a listen on your lunch break, distract yourself during that workout, or zone out on your commute. Happy listening!
Want more content like this? Check out the ‘Skills’ category for more!