|Salary||£15,600 – £20,400 dependent on experience|
|Location||Challenges Headquarters, Edinburgh|
|Line Manager||Product Development Director|
As a group of Social Enterprises (Challenges Group) and a Charity (Challenges Worldwide) we know that if enterprises grow, everyone benefits through increased earnings and stable jobs which lead to growth in the wider economy.
We provide innovative solutions that engage, grow and connect people to emerging opportunities for development and investment.
We work predominantly in Sub-Saharan Africa providing support to enterprises and people through a variety of practical, technology led programmes.
People – We provide structured, work-based placements and professional qualifications, growing peoples’ skills and connecting them to opportunities in enterprise
Enterprise – We engage enterprises to understand organisational capacity, explore growth options and connect to tailored solutions
Consulting – We deliver a range of consulting services, offering strategic business support and enabling growth connections in trade and finance.
Challenges is a Chartered Management Institute (CMI) strategic partner delivering qualifications across the UK, Africa and Asia for our volunteers, students, and local partnership bodies. Our CMI content and training encompasses Professional Consulting, Project Management, Management & Leadership and Business Support.
We are growing our CMI delivery, reaching more young people and enterprises to support their development. Backed by our technology, Challenges College we provide a platform for all our learners to maximise their potential. You will join a fast growing team, with ambitious targets.
As Qualifications Coordinator you will be responsible for coordinating all incoming learners involved in CMI, marking and processing their assessments. You will maintain excellent records and ensure that quality assurance standards are met throughout. Your role will support the development of new content and report internally and externally on the success of our qualifications.
Skills, Experience and Personal Qualities
- Strong IT skills, including Microsoft and Salesforce
- Ability to maintain excellent records
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable with an ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
- High level of motivation and ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Fluent written and spoken English
- The ability to explain complex information clearly and simply
- An interest in business support and training in a developing country context
- An honest and trustworthy manner
- Willingness to undertake qualifications and continued professional development
- A CMI qualification in Professional Consulting or Leadership and Management
- A qualification in assessment or verification
- Experience of working on an accredited learning programme
- Update and support in-country delivery staff with CMI activities
- Monitor learner process and support as required
- Deliver introductory training about CMI to ICS volunteers
- Train staff and Team Leaders on CMI delivery
- Ensure steady flow of information is maintained with all learners
- Provide opportunities for learner progress through qualifications
- Assess incoming CMI papers providing both formative and summative feedback
- Maintain impeccable standards of transparency when handling papers
- Undertake continual professional development as necessary to maintain standards
- Support the payment of expenses to internal and external customers
- Issue invoices to learners and monitor incoming payments, ensuring all internal financial reporting processes are maintained
- Manage all learners through the CMI database, including registration, moderation and certification
- Maintain accurate records on internal databases (salesforce)
- Provide relevant and accurate information by generating data reports and analysis
- Identify potential partners for CMI delivery, managing relationships where appropriate
- Support the development of new resources, training or ways of working
- Get involved with other Project Work as appropriate – this may involve supporting other aspects of training, alumni support etc.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age
You must have the right to live and work in the UK.
Send your CV and a Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Midnight on Sunday 16th April